Mrs. Dalloway (1)


 I would like to preface this blog with a quote from Virginia Woolf that I love, "Someone has to die in oder that the rest of us should value life more." Although this is literally nothing to do with the reading we were assigned, it is still a powerful quote that has a lot of meaning behind it. I have read a few writings of Woolf's and I have enjoyed them all. They are a little slow to start but they grow and prosper into great reads. 

The start of this book, to me, begins by touching on the "day in the life" of a woman. Clarissa Dalloway is a wealthier woman whose main role is a housewife. She's taking a stroll through London's city when she describes the sounds go Big Ben, run errands, and mentions how she loves walking through the city rather than the country-side. As the pages increase in number, we are introduced to many characters. Peter, who Clarissa has a past with, Septimus, a veteran suffering with suicidal thoughts, Richard Dalloway, the husband, and many many more are brought up during the party that Clarissa was planning all day. 

I am going to leave it at that, I think this book is going to be a great read for all of us! We were introduced to the characters quickly and with great detail. I am excited to keep jumping in and reading this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs. Dalloway 2

Dubliners Blog