Mrs. Dalloway 2

This reading was much more interesting to me. I feel like there were many more connections made in this connect yet there were distances established. Some characters are very conservative about their lives and then there are some that are constantly airing out dirty laundry throughout the book. 

Richard want to say ‘I love you’ to Clarissa, thinks about it, gets her flowers, but then decides not to. From a personal perspective, don’t wait to say those things. Those 3 words can be something that changes someone or something forever. You never know when the last time will be that you get to say those words. 

We can sort of infer that Richard does not normally say those things because Clarissa does not seem to NEED those things to be said to her but I’m sure she thinks about them, we all do. She enjoys that her and Richard have some established privacy in their relationship but I wonder how that would work? Would you want your significant to know everything about you? How would you make a connection with someone if they didn’t know anything about you? I’m not sure, maybe it’s just me but I would want it the other way around! 

I honestly wasn’t sure what to think when Septimus jumped from the window… my brain just sort of stopped for a minute. I mean yeah, we read and knew that he was suicidal but I still just wasn’t expecting that because of the way the scene prior to it went. With the random girl with the papers, the dancing, Clarissa’s party coming up? 

This blog was mostly hit or miss. I had a lot of confusion when reading this but I also we really into it. I felt like people just kept popping up then when the part started it was everyone all at once. All of the characters, enjoying the party “that death was a part of.”

At the end of the book, I really wasn’t sure what was going on. Was all of it an illusion? Are we all living like this? 

Very interesting book we read! I would read it again and hopefully enjoy, understand, and pay closer attention to the detail more! I would recommend it to others if this is their type of book to read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs. Dalloway (1)

Dubliners Blog