The Prelude to Me

 Hello Everyone! 

My name is Rebecca Parks. I am a current junior at Mercyhurst studying sports medicine. I am 21 years old and love being active, reading, spending time with friends and family, and being outside. I was born and raised in Parkersburg, West Virginia where I grew up playing softball my first 16 years of life and then I fell in love with rowing at my high school. From there I went on to row here, at MU, where we worked hard to earn a national runner up and national championship. This year I was offered a job as a Resident Assistant and decided to stop rowing and focus on my academics and future. Being an RA has taught me a lot. I have always been extroverted, outgoing, and a leader but the RA position has given me so many other opportunities to grow within these sectors of my life. 

I have always wanted to travel the world, ever since I was a kid, but we never had the time becasue we were always traveling to softball tournaments. I have never been out of the US. I would have never thought that I would be traveling to three countries in 10 days. I was a late addition to this trip because there were not spots open and then one of my friends was unable to go on the trip so there was an opening.  Traveling to different countries is going to be an amazing experience and I cannot wait to take in all of the different cultures, traditions, and sites that we will see. A couple places that I am most excited to see is Big Ben, St. Pauls Cathedral, and O'Connell Street. I am just so so excited to go and experience this! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs. Dalloway 2

Mrs. Dalloway (1)

Dubliners Blog